Safety and Environment
The policy of Massoel Shipping is to promote safety on board vessels in order to protect the lives and well-being of all personnel and maintain the integrity of the vessel and its cargo. As far as health and safety is concerned, the Company is committed to providing all personnel with information, equipment and training necessary to carry out their work safely, fully complying with the requirements put forward with international conventions and flag state requirements
Massoel Shipping and its employees are also committed and dedicated to protecting the environment and to the prevention of pollution. In this line we have established and implemented an Safety Management System throughout the fleet.
Massoel Shipping is committed to:
- Compliance with relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements (as applicable and/or deemed necessary by the Company).
- All shore based and shipboard personnel shall be fully qualified and properly trained.
- Providing for the prevention of pollution and a safe working environment.
- Assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Minimize, if possible, the wastes, residues and emissions which are produced by its operation and to always manage them in the most environmentally effective way.
- Providing appropriate training to all personnel whose work may create a significant impact upon the environment
- Continual improvement of the overall environmental performance.
The Company insures that this Policy is available to and understood by all employees, both in the office and on board the vessels.